Sunday, August 5, 2007

Post debate: Rudy falls and Brownback/Romney make-up?

That ends ABC's The Iowa Debates. The hour and half went very quickly. It was a great experience to see all the candidates before the Straw Poll next week, when who knows how many of them will stay in the race following the results.

After the debate in the course of waving to the cameras/crowd and hand shaking, Mayor Giuliani took a little stumble off the stage and into the moderators desk. Turned heads accompanied the loud noise, but the Mayor was all smiles and unharmed. There were quite a few "Rudy fell" comments made through the auditorium.

Mitt and Ann Romney spoke with Senator Browback and his wife on the stage. Apparently even after the fighting over the phone calls the candidates and spouses shared a few tales and laughs.

Well folks, I'm off. Thanks for reading, you can see all my other posts below, you may have to go to the next page to see the rest. Hopefully I will be back to write-up the Democratic debate hosted by Drake and ABC on the 19th and the GOP Straw Poll in Ames next Saturday. I may have a few more post in the next day or two to link to other sources of coverage.

Until then, all my best,

Jordan

2 comments:

splitsville said...

Jordan,

An excellent recitation of the events. I felt as if I were there with you. Nicely done. I look forward to your blog after the Demo. debate also. I agree with one of your comments that you are among the luckiest political science majors, being at Drake at this time. I was a poli. sci. and history double major there also, class of '82. I was there for the 1980 caucuses. I felt like I died and went to heaven. You could see any candidate almost anytime, and there were so many opportunities to work for a campaign/campaigns. I worked for Howard Baker but switched to George Bush before the caucuses. We had a great time at the Fort Des Moines as the results came in; Bush won that one. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Jordan said...

Bush won by a close one indeed. Thanks for the comments.